confusing "white culture" with "human nature" is really common and racist as heck.
If you're ever saying why something happens with "human nature," check yourself. you're probably just talking about what has to happen inside a kyriarchy.
@emsenn ugh, yeah
People so often say "oh selfishness is just human nature" but like 95% of the time they're confusing "human nature" and "capitalist & colonialist conditioning", with the remaining 5% being them projecting their own shittiness on everyone else
@emsenn "but people are inherently greedy!"
@emsenn Tbh, science has shown the opposite of what white supremacists think is "human nature". We're inherently anarchist under most circumstances -- especially during dire circumstances such as natural disasters or the artificial disaster that is poverty.
The one situation where this doesn't hold true is when we're already on top of the hierarchy, or at least a rung that's above others.
Human Nature is to be ominiviourous bipedal primates.
@Chickiepup for now!
Originally a small latinx / chicanx community, now open to all poc! Open to anyone from the culture cousins